Vegan Chocolate Cookies with step by step photos. These cookies are gluten free, chocolaty, fudgy, refined sugar free and ohhhhh so healthy. You won’t even need a bowl to clean as all the process is done in a food processor. Just scoop the dough onto a cookie sheet and bake. Coooool….right.
In these 2 months of going 100% gluten free, if I had missed out on one thing, it is the cookies. I’m a person who compulsively needs a cookie or 2 to dunk in my tea either in the morning or evening.
I did not even care for the rotis, breads or pizzas but the cookies….. I missed them, especially the chocolate chip cookies. I even stopped drinking tea some days because I did not want to give in to my craving.
So, I decided to make something nice for myself and went about making these cookies when the recipe started shaping in my mind.
Once I collected the ingredients, I felt that I could do this without using any bowl and wanted to see how it will work out in just the food processor itself like this eggless blender banana bread.
As you can see it did work out great. So NO extra bowls to clean…yaaay…
Make sure that the avocado is really ripe, only then the dough will be fudgy.
Also the coconut oil is totally optional. Though you can skip it, I highly recommend adding them as it will add a shine to the dough and cookie.
If you do not have buckwheat flour, replace with any gluten free flours like ragi, amaranth or oats flour.
Vegan Chocolate Cookies with stepwise photos:
1. In a food processor, take cane sugar, avocado, coconut oil, and vanilla extract.
2. Process at high till smooth and creamy.
3. Add buckwheat flour, sea salt, baking soda and cocoa powder.
4. Process once again till well combined. The cookie dough will look thick and fudgy.
5. Using a scoop, place the cookie dough on the parchment leaving 2 inch gap in between. Sprinkle with sea salt or chocolate chips.
6. Bake for 10 mins. Remove the pan from the oven and let cool for 5 mins.
I’m sure you will love this healthy vegan chocolate chip cookies. You will also like Eggless Honey Peanut Butter Cookies, Eggless Saffron Cookies, Italian Torcetti Cookies and this Eggless M&M Cookies.
Vegan Chocolate Cookies Recipe Card below:
Vegan Chocolate Cookies
- Avocado small - 1
- Buckwheat flour - 1/2 cup
- Cocoa powder - 1/2 cup
- Baking soda - 1/2 tsp
- Sea salt - 1 pinch or 1/8 tsp
- Cane sugar - 1/3 cup
- Coconut oil - 2 tbsp
- Vanilla extract - 1/2 tsp
- Pre heat oven at 180 C or 350 F.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment and set aside.
- In a food processor add cane sugar, avocado, coconut oil, vanilla extract and process till smooth and creamy.
- To the processor, add buckwheat flour, sea salt, baking soda and cocoa powder. Process once again till well combined. The cookie dough will look thick and fudgy.
- Using a scoop, place the cookie dough on the parchment leaving 2 inch gap in between.
- Sprinkle the top with more sea salt and chocolate chip cookies, if preferred.
- Slightly flatten the top with a spatula as these will not spread around while baking.
- Bake for 10 mins. Remove the pan from the oven and let cool for 5 mins.
- Remove the cookies to a rack to cool them off completely.
- Vegan chocolate cookies are ready.
- Eat them immediately or refrigerate and consume within 2 or 3 days.