Iced Strawberry Tea Recipe to enjoy on a hot summer day. This strawberry iced tea is so refreshing, relaxing and good way to beat the heat when the sun is bearing down on your unmercifully.
I’m an out and out tea person but I won’t call myself a tea addict as I take just ½ a cup in the morning and evening.
I’m also one of those persons who actually believe that tea is good for you.
During the summer months, flavored fruit teas are my most favorite.
And what better way to use up those delicious strawberries during the season.
If you wish to make this tea during the summer months, then you can always freeze the strawberries for later use and make this tea whenever you want.
Though there were no resolutions this year, one of the promises I made to myself is to say no to sugar laden soft drinks.
Not that I drink them but this year my kids will also be joining me.
When I had to visit the dentist early this month to get rid of my painful wisdom tooth, I was advised lots of cold drinks and ice creams as usual.
Keeping in mind that promise, I made this iced strawberry tea and drank gallons of it instead of the bottled soft drinks.
Of course, since I’m also off refined white sugar, I had mine without any sweetener. It was not only refreshing but also soothing and helped me to heal soon.
If you do not care much about sugar, you can always add honey or any sweetener of your choice. Also increase or decrease the quantity of tea that you add depending on how strong you would want your tea to be.
If you loved this recipe, tap --> Rate or in the recipe card below to give us a 5 star rating!
If you have tried this recipe & have any more queries, send an email to email@example.com
Iced Strawberry Tea Recipe details below:
Iced Strawberry Tea Recipe
- Black tea powder - 3 to 4 tsp
- Water - 4 cups
- Sugar or Jaggery - ¼ to ½ cup
- Strawberries - 200 gms
- Lemon small - 2
- Mint stalks - for garnish
- In a saucepan, bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Add black tea leaves and let it come to a rolling boil.
- Switch off fire and close the sauce pan with a lid for the tea to steep for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, wash and hull the strawberries.
- Place the hulled strawberries along with the remaining 2 cups water in a blender and blend till smooth to a juice.
- Pass it through a fine sieve to filter out the tiny seeds. Keep aside. Though this step is optional, it is better to filter out the seeds as it may be unpleasant while drinking the tea.
- After 30 minutes, filter the steeping tea directly into a pitcher. To this brewed tea, add the strawberry juice.
- Stir in sugar. You can also add honey or any sweetener of your choice. I had my portion without any sweetener.
- Squeeze in the juice of 2 lemons and stir to combine. Place the pitcher in the refrigerator to chill till serving.
- Serve this Iced Strawberry Tea in tall glasses with more ice cubes, garnished with mint stalks.
WANT MORE RECIPES?
Browse plenty more quick & flavorful recipes easily by course, method, occasion & diet.