Simple Syrup Recipe. It literally takes just 2 minutes to make this syrup and is very handy especially during summer when you make gallons of iced teas, coffees, cocktails, lemonades etc., to beat the heat.
So what is simple syrup? Well, its just a syrup made using equal parts of regular granulated sugar and water. So simple, right? but very handy to have in the fridge during summer so you can make any cold beverages at the drop of a hat.
It is used to sweeten the beverages and because of its ease in mixing, even kids can make their own beverages.
While making simple syrup is easy, making flavored simple syrup is even more fun and you can get as creative as you can. I recently made a cherry flavored simple syrup to make this Iced Cherry Tea.
It has all the sweetness you get from granulated sugar. All you need to do is add in 1 part simple syrup to 4 parts of unsweetened beverage to sweeten it perfectly.
Add or reduce according to your taste buds. No need to wait for the sugar to take its own sweet time to dissolve.
Simple syrup is also to keep cakes moist. It is applied to cakes between the layers while making layered cakes before stacking to keep them moistened and to prevent them from drying out. You can also use it as a glaze.
This simple syrup can be used to make beverages like
Simple Syrup Recipe details as follows:
- Regular granulated sugar - 1 cup
- Water - 1 cup
- Take water in a sauce pan. Add sugar and mix it well with a spatula.
- Place the pan on the stove and boil over low flame, while mixing.
- Let the sugar dissolve completely.
- When small bubbles start appearing from the centre of the bottom of the pan, switch off and take off the stove.
- Let it cool completely. Pass through a fine sieve, to filter out any impurities.
- Store in a clean bottle and keep it refrigerated.
- Use as required which is normally 1 part to 4 parts of beverage to sweeten it.