- Mochai / Hyacinth Beans – 1 cup
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Urad dal – 2 tsp
- Asafetida – 2 pinch
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 1 tbsp
To be ground to a paste:
- Tamarind paste – 2 tbsp
- Coriander seeds – 1 ½ tsp
- Red chilli powder – 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Green chillies – 2
- Cashew nuts – 8
- Garlic – 8 cloves
- Shallots / sambar onions – 10
- Coriander leaves, packed – ¼ cup
If you loved this recipe, tap --> Rate or in the recipe card below to give us a 5 star rating!
If you have tried this recipe & have any more queries, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tastes better with fresh beans instead of dry ones.
- If you do not happen to have tamarind paste, just soak a gooseberry size of tamarind in some hot water to soften it and then use it to paste along with other ingredients.
- Instead of shallots, regular onions can be used.
- Omit the green chillies to bring down the heat of the gravy.
- If calorie conscious omit the cashew nuts and instead use pea nuts or roasted gram.