Being a lacto-vegetarian, I depend a lot on legumes or lentils, which is also called as pulses in India for my day to day protein needs. Though there are a lot of vegetarian food that are so rich in protein, some are alternatively rich in fat too eg., paneer / cottage cheese. After my underweight younger son started showing interest in food, I have started to include more of lentils and legumes in my day to day cooking as his Doctor has also highly recommended to increase his intake of proteins.
I’m sure many of you have also across this scenario where your children are concerned. Indian cooking uses a lot of legumes / lentils and I’m sure you friends can come up with varied recipes using the same as well. Hence this month’s theme is also going to be the same.
- Cook and post a recipe in your blog pertaining to the theme with a link to this announcement.
- Your recipe can be of any cuisine and follow any method of cooking.
- Only vegetarian recipes, eggs are allowed of course. Please avoid linking any recipes with meat.
- We are looking for fresh entries and to try out new recipes. So, no archived or reposed entries please. Your post has to be between September 1 and September 30, 2012.
- Multiple entries are welcome and linking back to this announcement is a must.
- Usage of logo is optional but I would be happy if you could use it, as it helps spread word.
- After posting your recipe just submit your entry to the linkies you will find at the bottom of this post.
- In case you have any problem linking, then send a mail to email@example.com with your name, recipe name and recipe url with the subject line as Let’s Cook: Legumes / Lentils.
- Non bloggers are most welcome to participate. Just send me the recipe with a click of the recipe if possible to the above mentioned email.
This linky list is now closed.