15 mins paneer butter masala recipe with video (with both StoveTop and Instant Pot instructions given).
This is such an easy and fool proof method to cook Paneer Butter Masala that's just perfect for beginners who are new to the kitchen. You just cannot go wrong with this versatile paneer recipe.
This recipe is like dump everything into the pressure cooker or Instant Pot (electric pressure cooker) and cook for required time till the gravy is done. Find the instructions for both cooking methods in the recipe card below.
It does not matter whether you are a newbie who wish to impress your parents and friends with your culinary skill or a busy working person.
If you are a person who does not have time to sweat it out in the kitchen but still want to eat finger licking, homemade food for health reasons, this easy and quick 15 mins paneer butter masala recipe is for you.
Of all the side dishes for Chapathis or rotis that I make, this is the easiest one.
I love Paneer butter masala and so do my kids but the time it takes to cook the tomato puree till it loses its raw smell is something that makes me go for it rarely.
When it is summer time, you don't even have to think twice to skip cooking this.
Imagine doing the same when you have guests for home and you have to cook in bulk. This method works very well if you wish to double or triple the recipe.
I came across this opos method in a foodie group that I frequent often but was still skeptical to give it a try. But finally gave in as you don't even have to stand near the stove except during the preparation time.
This recipe gets done with nil supervision from you.
If you are looking for authentic tasting PBM, this is not for you. But this is perfect for working women, bachelors, grown kids who wish to learn cooking.
Having said that, my elder one can make this dish all by himself without any help from me at all.
If you are still skeptical like I was, then trust me and give it a try and I assure you that you will not be disappointed.
After opening the lid, if the gravy seems to be very thick, then dilute by adding a little milk before serving.
If there is too much gravy and you want it to be a little bit thick then boil for few minutes so that the gravy can thicken.
You can also check out this No Onion - No garlic Paneer Butter Masala that can be cooked and served during Vrat or fasting time.
15 Mins Paneer Butter Masala Recipe Video Tutorial:
Do subscribe to my YouTube Channel for more recipe videos.
15 Mins Paneer Butter Masala Recipe Card with Video below:
15 Mins Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
- Paneer - 200 gms cubed
- Bay leaf - 1
- Red chili powder - 1 tsp
- Milk or water - ¼ cup
- Kasuri methi - ½ tsp
- Sugar - ¼ tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Butter or oil - 2 tbsp
Grind to a paste:
- Onion - 1
- Tomato - 3
- Green chili - 1
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
- Cardamom - 2
- Cloves - 2
- Cinnamon - ½ inch stick
- Cashew nuts - 8 to 10
- Take all the ingredients mentioned under "Grind to a paste" in a mixer jar.
- Grind to a smooth paste without adding water. If too thick, then add just 2 to 3 tbsp water.
Stovetop Pressure Cooker Method:
- To a pressure cooker, add butter or oil. Add bay leaf, Paneer cubes, ground paste, red chilli powder, sugar, kasuri methi, milk, salt and give a mix.
- Close with lid and pressure cook for 2 whistles over medium flame. After the pressure gets released on its own, open the lid and mix well. Transfer to the serving bowl and serve garnished with a dollop of cream on top and coriander leaves.
Instant Pot Method:
- Turn on the Instant Pot in "saute" mode. Add butter or oil, bay leaf, paneer cubes, ground paste, red chilli powder, sugar, kasuri methi, milk, salt and give a mix.
- Cancel the "Saute" mode and switch to "Manual - High" mode and set the time for 4 mins. Close with lid and make sure the 'Vent' is in 'Closed' position.
- Once the cooking is complete and finishes off with the beep sound, wait for natural pressure release (npr). Open the lid and mix well to combine. Transfer to the serving bowl and serve garnished with a dollop of cream on top and coriander leaves.