This 2 mins Eggless Microwave Chocolate Mug Cake with the hint of coffee is the quickest and easiest dessert or snack that you can hope to make when the craving to eat something sweet hits you. The cake is moist, rich and with a crumb just the way I like it.
An elegant and classy dessert to serve and eat if you are going for portion controlling anything sweet that you eat.
My kids love this a lot and as they are old enough to measure, mix and safely operate the microwave, I let them to make it by themselves.
I’m sure its much better than making and eating instant noodles whenever a snack attack hits them.
This recipe is adapted from Microwave Chocolate Cake but I made it into an eggless one for the sake of kids as I do not want them to make a mess while breaking up the eggs.
There are so many flavors to play with this cake especially. Earlier I was using Vinegar like in this Eggless Chocolate Strawberry Mug Cake but since the kids started hating the smell of it, I adjusted the milk and oil accordingly.
You can also use buttermilk instead. Sometimes I add coconut oil and the aroma of the cake will be simply amazing. If using coconut oil, leave out coffee powder and avoid using any kind of extracts or essence.
2 Mins Eggless Microwave Chocolate Mug Cake recipe details below:
2 Mins Eggless Microwave Chocolate Mug Cake Recipe
- All Purpose Flour - 3 tbsp
- Unsweetened Cocoa powder - 2 tbsp
- Baking powder - 1/4 tsp
- Instant Coffee Powder - 1 tsp optional
- Sugar - 4 tbsp
- Milk - 3 tbsp
- Vegetable Oil - 3 tbsp
- Dark or White chocolate chips optional
- In a microwave safe mug, first add the dry ingredients which are flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, sugar, instant coffee powder (if using) and mix with a fork.
- Add milk, vegetable oil and whisk again with a fork till there are no lumps and the batter is smooth.
- Sprinkle some white chocolate chips on top (if using).
- Make sure that the batter is less than 1/2 the capacity of the mug.
- If its more, the batter will overflow from the mug when the cake rises during cooking.
- Place the mug on the turn table of the microwave and cook for 2 mins at micro high. (The high setting in mine is 900 W).
- Let the mug rest in the microwave itself for at least 1/2 minute.
- If you open the door immediately, the cake will deflate and sink in.
- Wait for it cool down a bit and dig in.
- Serve with some chocolate sauce drizzled on top or with a scoop of ice cream for a quick dessert.