Golden Glow Soup recipe. This comforting soup uses the seasonal veggies and along with spices making it healthy, flavorful, taste delicious and filling yet leaving you feeling light. And it takes less than 15 mins to make this soup in pressure cooker. Its also vegan and gluten free.
When my dietician shared this recipe for my 7 day detox and asked me to cook this for 30 to 40 mins on stove top, I was like… who cooks soup that long and that too constantly supervising it. I told her to use the Instant Pot as she does not have a pressure cooker and she was really thankful for that idea.
So, following my Creamy Broccoli Lentil Soup, I cooked this in the pressure cooker and it got done in under 15 mins. The addition of thick coconut milk gave this soup a silky richness making it filling. You can totally avoid adding coconut milk if you are going to refrigerate beyond 2 days.
I used homemade vegetable stock as I had lots of vegetable skin that were put to good use. Besides store bought soup cubes are not only high in sodium but also has preservatives. But if you are in a hurry, using it is a better option than using instant soup packets.
I have tried 2 combos for this golden glow soup and loved both. One was using extra virgin olive oil and using mixed dry herbs and the other was coconut oil and curry powder for a desi flavor and both were equally delicious.
Do you know?…
The compound Curcumin present in Turmeric is what makes it a celebrated super food all over the world. But do you know that using black pepper along with turmeric helps your body to absorb the Curcumin completely. Both go hand in hand.
After hearing it from my dietician, I have started to halve the red chili powder in whatever recipes that uses turmeric and have started replacing it with black pepper powder. If you could use organic powders of both, the better.
Golden Glow Soup Recipe details below:
Golden Glow Soup Recipe
- Carrots chopped - 1 cup
- Yellow Pumpkin chopped - 1/2 cup
- Masoor Dal red lentils - 1/4 cup
- Onion chopped - 1
- Ginger - 1/2 inch piece
- Red chili powder - 1/4 tsp
- Cumin powder - 1/4 tsp
- Coconut milk thick - 1/2 cup (optional)
- Mixed dry herbs OR Curry powder - 1 tsp
- Vegetable stock - 3 cups OR Boullion cube - 1
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper powder - 1/4 tsp
- Extra Virgin Olive or Coconut oil - 1 tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Heat olive or coconut oil in a pressure cooker.
- Add onion and saute till it turns pink.
- Add ginger, carrots, pumpkin and saute for a minute.
- Add washed masoor dal, red chili powder, cumin powder, mixed dry herbs or curry powder, turmeric powder, black pepper, vegetable stock, salt and mix well.
- If you do not have vegetable stock, you can also use a boullion or soup cube and 3 cups water instead.
- Close the lid and pressure cook for 3 whistles over medium flame.
- Once the pressure releases by itself, open the lid.
- Blend to either chunky or smooth consistency using an immersion blender. I prefer it chunky. (If you do not have an immersion blender, transfer to a blender jar and pulse)
- Return the soup to the cooker and stir in coconut milk (if using) and take a taste check and adjust salt & pepper accordingly.
- Serve this golden glow soup immediately with croutons if preferred.
- This soup keeps well for 4 to 5 days when kept refrigerated.