Eggless pancakes recipe – Single serving healthy pancakes with step by step pictures. These golden, moist, soft and fluffy eggless pancakes have absolutely no preservatives like baking powder or baking soda. These eggless pancakes are for single serve proportion but you can double or triple the quantities to serve more than one.
Though it’s always typical South Indian fare like idli, dosa, idiyappam or paniyaram for breakfast at home usually, the kids sometimes ask for something different from the usual and that’s when I make these pancakes for them.
Eating Cereals for breakfast are a big no for us at home. Except for smoothies and the regular ragi kanji, we never prefer to kick start the day with a breakfast that tastes sweet.
These pancakes are adapted from Eggless Oats and Dates pancakes recipe but I have omitted using any form of leavening agent and also used only the basic ingredients that are already available in your pantry.
These eggless pancakes are not only an easy way to make your kid eat their daily dose of fruit but also very quick to whip up. I often make this for my elder one after he returns from school and demands for something sweet and filling that will keep the hunger pangs at bay till dinner.
Our Favorite Video:
There a lot you can experiment especially with these eggless pancakes as they can never go wrong. I have used butter to cook the pancakes but feel free to use just oil if you are calorie conscious. Instead of vanilla essence for flavoring the pancakes you can also use cinnamon powder.
If you are afraid that the pancakes may be dense because of the whole wheat flour, you can replace the whole thing with all purpose flour and sometimes I also replace a tbsp of the whole wheat flour with powdered oats too. Trust me you can’t find the difference at all as far as these eggless pancakes are concerned. Kids will love it.
Step by step Eggless pancakes recipe as follows:
1. Mash the banana well using a fork in a bowl. Add whole wheat flour, milk, essence and oil.
2. Whisk well using a fork or hand blender till smooth. If the mixture is too thick, add milk by tbsp to thin out the batter. Heat a pan with 1 tsp butter and let it melt. Add a small ladle full of batter and let it cook for 1-2 minutes.
Gently turn the pancake using a ladle and let the other side cook as well. Transfer to a plate. Eggless pancakes are ready to be served hot. I served the pancakes with homemade strawberry jam along with a glass of milk.
Eggless Pancakes Recipe
- Banana - 1 ripe
- Whole wheat flour - 2 tbsp
- Milk - 3 tbsp
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Vanilla essence – 1/4 tsp
- Butter – 3 to 4 tsp
- Mash the banana well using a fork in a bowl. Add whole wheat flour, milk, essence and oil.
- Whisk well using a fork or hand blender till smooth. If the mixture is too thick, add 1-2 tbsp milk thin out the batter.
- Heat a skillet with 1 tsp butter and let it melt. Add a small ladle full of batter and let it cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Gently turn the pancake using a ladle and let the other side cook as well. Transfer to a plate.
- Eggless pancakes are ready to be served hot with any fruit preserve of your choice.