Broccoli Almond Soup Recipe. This soup is creamy, fragrant, light yet filling. It also happens to be vegan and gluten free as no milk, flour or butter has been added to the soup to bring forth the thickness.
I had never been a salad or soup person until last year. I’m used to the regular tomato soup or mixed vegetable soup whenever there is a party or get together and they were served as appetisers.
I’ve never ventured farther than that as I they did not pique my interest. But ever since last year, I took a bold step towards both and now both soup and salads have become a part of my day to day diet.
Most of the days, a salad is my lunch and for my evening snack which I refer to as Meal-4 its usually either a smoothie or soup as they both are filling enough to tide me till dinner.
I had this soup at a get together and it was sort of bland and it was way too smooth for my liking that it felt like drinking a juice instead of a soup.
I prefer a bit of chunk or something to bite into, so I started making this soup to suit my liking. The bits of almonds while eating the soup is such a delight and the texture is soothing to the palate.
Our Favorite Video:
I make this in a pressure cooker and it gets done in just 15 mins. You can follow the steps in your Instant Pot too to make this broccoli almond soup.
I usually double or triple the recipe and store this in the fridge and finish it within a day or 2. It tastes great when served both hot or cold.
Broccoli Almond Soup Recipe details as follows:
Broccoli Almond Soup Recipe
- Broccoli - 1 medium sized
- Onion - 1
- Garlic - 4
- Almonds - 1/4 cup 20 nos approx.,
- Vegetable Broth or Water - 2-1/2 cups
- Almond Butter - 1 tbsp optional
- Salt - to taste
- Sugar - 1/2 tsp optional
- Black Pepper - to taste
- Olive oil - 2 tsp
- Bring 1/2 cup water to a rolling boil in a bowl. Switch off the stove and drop the almonds in it and set it aside.
- Trim the broccoli head. Chop both the florets and stalks into chunks and set aside.
- Chop onion and garlic finely.
- Press the almonds gently to remove the skin fully and set the almonds aside.
How to make Broccoli Almond Soup:
- Add olive oil to the pressure cooker.
- Immediately add garlic so that it can get heated along with the oil. This way the flavor is really enhanced.
- After the aroma arises, add onions and saute till translucent.
- Add broccoli florets, stalks, almonds, vegetable broth or water, 2 pinch salt, sugar and mix well.
- Close the lid and pressure cook for 2 whistles. After the pressure releases by itself, open the lid.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the soup well.
- If you do not have an immersion blender, let the heat come down a little. Transfer to the blender jar of your mixie, blend till smooth and return to the cooker.
- Switch on the stove and simmer the flame completely.
- Mix in almond butter, if using, add salt, pepper and let it boil till you see small bubbles on top of the soup.
- Switch off the flame.
- Serve this broccoli almond soup piping hot topped with almond slivers.