Veg chow mein soup recipe with step wise photos made under 15 mins using pressure cooker. A veg and noodle soup that’s just perfect for biting cold weather. This soup will make a whole meal in itself and it becomes even better and wholesome when you pair it with a crusty bread and a simple salad.
My tooth had been giving me severe trouble the past month and I was really tired of eating oatmeal and multi grain porridge and I was badly craving for something spicy with a soft bite and that when this veg chow mein soup happened.
A month ago while purchasing my monthly groceries I got this Miracle masala packs on offer and it was lying idle waiting to be used. I made a small quantity of fried rice and it was not that well received by the kids. So, being a person who does not like to waste food, I made a quick soup that was I was so badly craving.
It became a total hit with the kids and they demanded that I make another bowl for them the next day too and the pack got over without me having to chuck it out.
While this is not an authentic way of making this Soup, this is just to share with you how quickly you can make any soup within minutes and how you can use any spice powder packs in one form or the other without wasting it.
This is so much better than the ready made cup soups that you get off the shelves from the shops. Not only do they reek of chemicals but they also have dehydrated veggies that are not that healthy unlike this soup that’s filled with vegetables and noodles to tempt the kids when their hunger pangs strike.
Making soups in pressure cooker is a sure way of preserving the nutrition without any loss and you also get to make it without any supervision with you standing next to the stove. Soups are also one of the best way to serve a lot of vegetable to kids in just one dish.
Not only mine, but I’m sure all the kids love Indo-Chinese cuisine very much and I can guarantee that your kids will also love this soup very much as mine did.
Step by step method to make Vegetable Chow Mein Soup recipe:
1. Chop the vegetables. Separate the spring onions and chop both the parts finely. Heat a pressure cooker with oil and add crushed garlic pods and saute the spring onion white part.
2. Add all the chopped vegetables and cook for a minute. Add vegetable broth or water.
3. Add crushed noodles, chow mein miracle masala powder, salt and mix well.
4. Pressure cook for 1 whistle and once the pressure is released, pour into bowls, garnish with spring onion greens and serve hot.
Vegetable Chow Mein Soup Recipe below:
- Carrot - 1
- Capsicum (Bell Peppers) - 1
- Cabbage, chopped - 1/4 cup
- Mushroom - 4
- Spring onion - 2
- Garlic, crushed - 2 pods
- Noodles, crushed - 4 tbsp
- Instant Chowmein Masala - 1 tbsp
- Vegetable broth or water - 1 cup
- Salt - to taste
- Oil - 1 tsp
- Chop carrots and capsicum finely. Slice mushrooms thinly. Separate the white and green parts of the spring onion and chop finely.
- Heat pressure cooker with oil. Add crushed garlic pods and white onions and saute for 1 minute over medium flame.
- Add the vegetables, mushrooms and cook for a minute.
- Add vegetable broth or water.
- Add the crushed noodles, Instant chowmein masala powder, salt and mix well.
- Close the pan with the lid and let it cook for 1 whistle over medium flame. Switch off and let the pressure release by itself.
- Pour the soup into individual bowls and serve piping hot garnished with spring onion greens.