Bread Channa is an easy and healthy snack for both kids and adults alike. This can be easily converted into a Bread Channa Chaat should the craving to eat a chaat hit you all of sudden.
Whenever I make Channa Masala, this is the snack that my kids insist that I pack for them in their snacks box to school. Making this Bread channa is also an awesome and healthy way of using up any leftovers of both the bread and the Channa Masala. You can also make this Chana Sandwich.
I have 2 methods of making Channa Masala, one the North Indian version which does not have any coconut and one the South Indian, Kerala style Channa Masala with a ground coconut paste base in the blog. Both will go very well in this Bread Channa Chaat recipe.
It makes a wholesome meal in itself that’s tastes awesome. You can send both the bread, channa and the chopped veggies all separately while sending it to school as its very easy to assemble even for the kids.
I prefer using thick slices of sandwich bread as it does not get soaked up. I have used white bread slices here, but you can also use brown bread or multigrain bread slices for a healthier option. I have also used oil for toasting, but you can also use butter if you do mind the calories.
Bread Channa Recipe details below:
Bread Channa Recipe
- Bread slices – 4
- Channa Masala – 1/2 cup
- Onion - 4 tbsp finely chopped
- Coriander leaves - 2 tsp finely chopped
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Chaat masala powder – 2 tsp
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Heat a tawa or a skillet and toast the bread slices till browned and a bit crunchy on both the sides. Drizzle oil around or you can apply butter on both the sides before toasting as well.
- Keep a toasted bread slice on a plate and top it up with Chana Masala.
- Drizzle lemon juice on top of the Channa masala. Sprinkle chopped onion on top and further top it up with chaat masala powder.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve it immediately.