Chana Masala Sandwich Recipe - A Kid favorite snack which is very easy to make with left over chana masala that you make for dinner. Sandwiches are a lot of fun to make as you can always stuff them with different filling that you can come up with. They are easy to pack for the kids either for their lunch or snacks box.
Buying an electric griller and toaster was on the cards for a long time as my kids eat a lot of bread and I was sure buying one will not be a waste at all. This sandwich is the first one that I tried my hands on.
My elder one’s school sells Bread Chana and he was raving so much about it. A month ago when I went to pick him up, he asked me to buy it both for him and Arjun.
Though I bought it for them, my intention was to actually look at the condition of the cafeteria. And I must say that they maintained it so well and it was hygienic too.
And like he said it tasted so delicious. When I made the same thing at home, something was missing and I thought it was because I made it on a tawa on stove top. 2 more attempts during last month and I finally nailed it.
I have always been a fan of combining both the spicy and sweet together as they totally throw in a new taste and this was exactly what this sandwich did.
This is not a regular sandwich where you get to use veggies and all, as the sandwich itself will be heavy and will become sodden quickly because of the chana masala we are using.
You can either use white or brown bread slices to make this chana masala sandwich. Make sure that you are using milk or sweet bread to make this sandwich and do not use salt bread.
While flavored jam is okay, mixed fruit jam works best for this sandwich as the flavors blend in well together.
You can either toast the sandwich in a tawa on stove top or use a electric griller to make this sandwich. I have put up both the pictures.
If you loved this recipe, tap --> Rate or in the recipe card below to give us a 5 star rating!
If you have tried this recipe & have any more queries, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Chana Masala Sandwich Recipe details below:
Chana Masala Sandwich
- Sweet Bread slices – 4
- Chana Masala - ½ cup
- Butter – 1 tbsp
- Mixed fruit jam – 2 tbsp
- Butter one side of all the bread slices.
- Apply a thick coat of mixed fruit jam on the other side (the unbuttered side) of all the bread slices.
- Preheat the toaster. Place the bread slice on a plate with the buttered side facing down and the jam applied side facing you (up).
- Slather a good amount of Chana Masala on top the jam.
- Cover with the jam applied side of the bread slice facing down and with the buttered side facing up.
- Place it on the toaster and close the lid. Toast for 2-3 minutes till browned all over or even more if you want your sandwich to be more crisp and crunchy.
- You can also make this chana masala sandwich on a tawa on stove top.
- Cut along the dent with a sharp knife and serve hot with tomato ketchup.