Eggless Gingerbread Waffle recipe. Waffles make a great breakfast like both by the kids and adults alike. These ginger bread waffles are perfect for breakfast on a cold day when served hot.
Follow 24 mantra organic on Facebook and Instagram if you do not do so already as there are a ton of recipe to choose from to use in your day to day cooking. Click here to check out all the recipes as a part of the initiative.
I wanted to post this recipe before Christmas itself but unfortunately because of the cyclone and its after effects, I was without Internet for a fortnight. But no issues, waffles are great on any given day.
My kids prefer to eat them either hot or warm after they come home from school rather than eat it for breakfast.
Our Favorite Video:
The spice powders also provide them with enough warmth and helps the cold at bay especially during the cold weather.
I have served this with a strawberry syrup made by liquefying the organic strawberry jam instead of honey.
The tangy thick fruit syrup will mellow the sharp and pungent flavor of the ginger, cinnamon and cloves.
I did not have clove powder and normally do not stock it too.
But in this recipe I added just a drop of clove oil, which was even more flavorful and making the clove flavor to come out more pronounced.
If you want to make it totally vegan, then use any plant milk like soy, coconut, cashew or almond milk instead of cow milk.
If you do not have a waffle maker, you need not have to worry at all, as you can always just make them into pancakes using a griddle on stovetop.
Eggless Gingerbread Waffle Recipe details below:
Eggless Gingerbread Waffle Recipe
- Whole wheat flour - 1/2 cup
- Baking powder - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - 1 pinch
- Jaggery - 2 tbsp
- Ginger powder - 1/2 tsp
- Cinnamon powder - 1/4 tsp
- Cloves powder - 1/8 tsp or a generous pinch
- Milk - 3/4 cup
- Honey - 2 tbsp
- Strawberry Jam - 1/4 cup to serve
- In a mixing bowl, first whisk together the dry ingredients like wheat flour, baking powder, jaggery powder, salt and spice powders.
- Instead of adding powdered cloves, you can also use 1 drop of clove oil while adding liquid ingredients which will also work out well.
- Slowly add milk and honey. Whisk till there are no lumps left and the batter is smooth and flowing.
- Rest aside for 10 mins for the flavors to fuse well. Meanwhile grease with oil and preheat your waffle iron.
- Once its hot, pour 1/4 cup of batter (approx.,) and cook according to your waffle maker’s instruction.
- Once the waffle finishes cooking, gently remove and set it on a serving plate. Continue with the rest of the batter.
- Take strawberry jam in a microwave safe mug, add 1 to 2 tbsp water and microwave at high for 10 to 20 secs till it liquifies to a thick syrup. You can also do this on stove top.
- Drizzle the strawberry syrup on top of the waffles. You can also use maple syrup.
- Serve this eggless gingerbread waffle hot or warm.