Mango Jal Jeera or Raw Mango Jaljeera recipe with step by step pictures. A very popular Indian drink that is served as an appetiser. Its an easy to make summery vegan drink that is perfect to beat the heat.
It is a wonderful cooler and is good for digestion because of the ingredients used to make this drink. It is served in many hotels as an appetiser as well.
I myself was introduced to this drink at a party several years ago which I liked so much that I had to try at home every summer and love it so much.
Though I prefer to make any drink only with ripe mangoes, this mango jal jeera is one exception that I make every year during the mango season.
I usually make a concentrate and store it in the fridge for a couple of days and enjoy a drink as and when I feel like having a drink.
Though you can use raw mangoes, I prefer using partially ripe ones that taste tart but still not fully ripe enough.
How to make Mango Jal Jeera with step by step pictures:
1. Peel the skin of the mango and cut big chunks. Place them in a pressure cooker and pour 1 cup water.
2. Pressure cook over medium flame for 2 whistles. Once the pressure is released open the lid.
3. Transfer the cooked mangoes along with water to a blender. Add mint leaves, cumin powder, black salt, sugar and blend till smooth.
4. You can store this concentrate in a clean bottle for 2-3 days in the refrigerator or serve it immediately mixed with water.
Mango Jal Jeera recipe as follows:
- Raw mango – 1
- Mint leaves (Pudhina) – 10-15 leaves
- Sugar - 1/2 cup
- Roasted Cumin powder – 1/2 tsp
- Black salt – 1/2 tsp
- Crushed ice - to serve
- Peel and roughly chop the raw mango.
- Place them in a pressure cooker, add 1 cup water and presurre cook for 2 whistles.
- Transfer the cooked mango to a blender, add roasted cumin powder, sugar, mint leaves, black salt and blend till smooth.
- You can store this concentrate in the fridge for 2-3 days.
- To make a drink, pour the mango concentrate till half in a tall glass, top with water.
- Add crushed ice cubes, sprinkle roasted cumin powder and serve immediately.