Mango Cucumber Salsa Recipe. A quick to make dip to serve with nachos and chips. Sweet, spicy, tangy and oh so refreshing that is so good for long summer days and game nights.
I love salsas as it has multiple uses and its so quick to prepare. As a salad, its a weight watchers dream come true as it does not have any dressing that might add up the calories.
Not only is it good as a dip but you can also serve it as a side dish with grilled tofu or paneer slabs for vegetarian and vegan option. If you are a non vegetarian, serve with barbecued meat of your choice.
Though I prefer adding the green chilies with the seeds, the others at home frown upon it, so I remove the seeds before adding.
If your cucumber is big and mature, remove the seeds before dicing as it may be unpleasant to bite into them while eating.
I prefer using pre chilled mango and cucumber to make salsa as that I loved it chilled the most, but its totally your preference.
Find more mango recipes:
Mango Cucumber Salsa Recipe details below:
- Mango, ripe - 1
- Cucumber, medium - 1
- Onion - 1
- Green chili - 2
- Lime - 1
- Coriander leaves, finely chopped - 1/4 cup
- Salt & pepper - to taste
- Wash and peel skin off mango and cucumber.
- Finely dice both mango and cucumber. Chop onion finely.
- Slit green chili and remove the seeds. Chop finely.
- Grate the zest of lime, set aside and squeeze its juice and set aside.
- Combine everything in a bowl and toss well.
- Serve immediately with nachos or chips.