Watermelon Tomato Jaljeera Recipe. A refreshingly perfect thirst quencher using watermelon and tomatoes for the hot summer days.
The first time I made this I totally fell in love with the taste. So now-a-days this is my post work out drink. As I loved mango jaljeera so much, this drink is inspired from the very same.
I make this watermelon tomato jaljeera before going to bed and place it in the fridge.
After coming home from a 10K steps walking, this is the bottle that I reach for to quench my thirst and to replenish all the salts that I lose because of sweat especially in this summer heat.
Instead of adding lemon juice to the drink, I prefer to add apple cider vinegar for added health benefits.
As I make this as post workout drink, I did not add any sugar or honey to sweeten the drink as I preferred the natural tangy taste.
If you do not like to add tomatoes, then you can substitute with 1 cup of either fresh or frozen strawberries.
I don’t like adding ice cubes to my drink anymore as it waters out the drink altering the taste.
So, I mostly prefer to make the jaljeera, rest in the fridge before serving as the resting time allows the black salt and roasted cumin powder to work their magic and the drink tastes much better upon resting.
If you do not have the time, you can always freeze the fruits before juicing them.
Watermelon Tomato Jaljeera recipe details below:
Watermelon Tomato Jaljeera Recipe
- Watermelon - 2 cups cubed
- Tomato - 2 to 3
- Mint Leaves - 1 handful
- Lemon Juice - 1/2 lemon
- Sugar or honey - 1/4 cup
- Black salt - to taste
- Roasted Cumin powder - to taste
- Deseed watermelon. Wash tomato and mint leaves.
- Place watermelon, tomato, mint leaves in a blender jar and blitz well.
- Tip the blended juice into a colander and transfer the juice to a jar.
- Stir in lemon juice.
- Add black salt, sugar or honey, roasted cumin powder and mix well.
- Watermelon Tomato Jaljeera is ready.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Serve chilled in tall glasses with a lemon wedge.