Eggless Savory Semolina Cake
Prep time: 10 mins | Bake time: 30 mins | Makes: 1 loaf
- Semolina/Rava (Cream of wheat) – 1 cup
- Yogurt/Curd – 1 cup
- Carrots, grated – 5 tbsp
- Fresh Peas – 1 handful
- French Beans – 5 to 6
- Ginger, grated – 1 tsp
- Green chili – 1
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Red chili powder – ½ tsp
- Baking soda – ½ tsp
- White sesame seeds – 1 tsp
- Salt – 2 pinch
- Vegetable oil – 4 tbsp
1. Chop the beans into 1 inch pieces. Deseed the green chili and chop it finely.
1. You can also add other vegetables like capsicum (bell peppers), Zucchini and cabbage.
2. The baking soda helps the cake to rise. So add it in the end and immediately bake. You can also add fruit salt in the place of baking soda but use any one and not both.
3. You can skip the green chili if baking especially for the kids.
4. If you feel that the cake batter is too thick just add 2 tbsp of yogurt or water.
5. Make sure that the yogurt/curd is fresh and not sour as it will change the taste of the cake.