Shaved Cucumber and Carrot Salad – A healthy salad with a lemon ginger dressing that is just perfect for any time of the year especially during winters.
I have always wanted to use the pink Delhi carrots in salads, as I like the sweet taste of it when compared to the regular ones.
But I get it only during the winter season and that too very rarely which always gets cooked into halwa.
The ginger added to the dressing adds a nice punch and also aids in easy digestion and help keeps the cold at bay during the winter season.
I have just shared an easy and fuss free salad recipe that I make at home.
You can add any fruits or other vegetables that you have at hand and instead of the dressing in this recipe, you can add my Eggless Mayonnaise to make it as a wholesome meal in itself.
Our Favorite Video:
If you are looking for more salad recipes, then check out this,
Shaved Cucumber and Carrot Salad Recipe details below:
Shaved Cucumber And Carrot Salad Recipe
For the salad:
- Carrot - 1
- Cucumber - 1
- Onion - 1 small
- Basil leaves - 4
- Coriander leaves - 2 tbsp
For the dressing:
- Extra virgin olive oil - 2 tsp
- Lemon juice - 1 tsp
- Dry Ginger powder - 1/8 tsp
- Black Pepper - to taste freshly ground
- Salt - to taste
Make the dressing:
- In a small lidded bottle - add lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, ginger powder, salt and pepper.
- Close with lid & shake well so that the dressing gets emulsified well.
Make Shaved Cucumber and Carrot Salad:
- Chop basil and coriander finely. Cut onions into Juliennes.
- Scrub and wash carrot and cucumber. Trim the ends and shave them using a mandolin.
- Mix together shaved carrots, cucumbers, onions, coriander and basil in a mixing bowl.
- Drizzle the dressing over the veggies and toss well till the vegetables are coated properly with the dressing.
- Arrange the salad on a plate and sprinkle freshly crushed black pepper to your taste.
- Drizzle more olive oil on top if preferred.
- Serve immediately or chilled after resting it in the refrigerator for an hour.