Warm strawberry cupcakes recipe with step by step photos.
These strawberry cupcakes are really unique as they are baked in a water bath and tastes best when served warm. These are a breeze to bake and tasted absolutely delicious. The strawberry season is full on and I’m trying to make use of it to the fullest.
This strawberry cupcake makes a fantastic and elegant individual dessert. So if you are looking at portion control then these cupcakes are for you. And I’m sure it will be a crowd pleaser when served at parties.
Last month when I visited the Chennai Book Fair, I bought a book by the name of Muffins and Cupcakes and this recipe is from that book. I totally fell in love with the picture of the cake too. Actually these cupcakes are baked in a white tea cups and served on saucers adorned by punnet strawberries.
But I was really afraid to use tea cups as the ones I had were not heavy enough to withstand the oven heat for 40 mins. I did not want them exploding or cracking inside the oven and making a mess. So I opted for ramekins which were a safe bet.
Our Favorite Video:
The water bath technique used for baking these strawberry cupcakes made sense as to why they had to be served warm but I still kept one till the next day and had it at room temperature and was glad to see that the strawberry jam used were still moist enough and did not become hard or chewy upon cooling.
Let’s check the steps for making Warm Strawberry Cupcakes recipe:
1. Grease 6 ramekins with butter and drop 2 tsp of Strawberry jam into each one. In a bowl beat together butter and powdered sugar.
2. Beat till fluffy and pale with a hand mixer and then add 1 egg and beat well.
3. Add the other egg and beat well too. If the mixture appears a bit curdled, not to worry as its normal.
4. Add the vanilla essence and beat till incorporated. Sift in flour, baking powder and salt and mix using a metal spoon.
5. The batter will be thick. Equally distribute the batter between the ramekins and stand them in a roasting tin or tray.
6. Add enough hot water carefully from the sides into the pan till it reaches 1/3 of the way up the sides of the ramekins. It took 2 ½ cups hot water for me but will depend on your depth of the pan you use.
7. Place the tin carefully in the preheated oven and bake at 180 C for 40 mins or till golden brown and till a skewer inserted comes out clean.
8. Gently lift the ramekins out and place on individual saucers or plates an serve topped with punnet strawberries dusted with icing sugar.
If you are looking for more Strawberry recipes, please do check 1 min Chocolate Strawberry Mug Cake, homemade strawberry jam, strawberry mojito and if you want a quick dessert using strawberries check this Eggless Strawberry ice cream
Warm Strawberry Cupcakes Recipe - Strawberry Recipes
- All purpose flour – 100 gms
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1/8 tsp
- Unsalted butter – 100 gms
- Powdered Sugar – 100 gms
- Eggs - 2
- Strawberry Jam or conserve – 4 tbsp
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Small strawberries – to serve
- Icing sugar – for dusting
- Hot water – for water bath
- Grease 6 ramekins with butter. Spoon 2 tsp of the strawberry jam or conserve in the bottom of each ramekin.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, salt and keep aside.
- Put the butter and sugar in a bowl and beat together until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one after the other beating well after each addition.
- Add in the flour mixture using a metal spoon and fold it into the mixture.
- Spoon the mixture equally into the ramekins.
- Stand the ramekins in a roasting tin. I used my 9 inch cake tray.
- Gently pour in enough hot water so that it comes to 1/3rd of the way up the sides of the ramekins. It took me 2 ½ cups hot water for the pan I used.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C/ 350 F and carefully place the roasting tin or pan inside the oven.
- Bake for 40 mins or until well risen and golden brown and a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Leave the cupcakes to cool for 2-3 minutes, then carefully lift the ramekins from the tin and place them on individual plates.
- Place a few whole strawberries on each cake, and then dust them with a little sifted icing sugar.
- Serve warm with the remaining strawberries.