Eggless Chocolate Strawberry Mug Cake Recipe in Microwave with step by step photos. This Vegan Mug Cake gets done in just 1 min and is perfect for a quick dessert fix. I have used Whole wheat flour for making this cake and still the cake was moist and soft without being dense.
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and what better way to surprise all the others in the family than this quick fix dessert after a hearty meal. And we do all know that Valentine day goes hand in hand with chocolates and strawberries.
My kids are crazy about mug cakes and once my elder one got the idea of how a mug cake works its magic in the microwave he started making several cakes all by himself. I’m still amazed that my microwave has managed to survive after all his crazy attempts at making mug cakes.
This chocolate strawberry cake is totally vegan. I have not used any dairy products and wanted to see how the texture would be when used whole wheat flour and I’m really happy with the result.
The first mug turned out to be a bit hard and dense and I realized that the mixture was not thin enough and also the strawberry jam that I added was not distributed well enough as I added plain water.
So in the next mug I added hot water and adjusted the quantity too which thinned out the jam and I was able to mix the batter quite easily. You must also pay attention to the timing as even if you microwave for a few extra seconds you cake will not be moist but will turn out hard and dense.
Use a fork and take the time to mix the dry ingredients well and after adding the liquid ingredients also make sure that you mix well and there are no dry patches of flour is left as such at the bottom and sides of the mug.
You can very easily double or triple the ingredients to make more cakes and this chocolate strawberry mug cake is a quick snack fix too which the kids would love to gorge on.
Eggless Chocolate Strawberry Mug Cake in Microwave with step by step photos:
1. Measure the dry ingredients like whole wheat flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, cocoa powder in a microwave safe Mug.
2. Next add strawberry jam, vanilla essence, vinegar, oil and finally hot water and mix into a batter using a fork. Microwave for 30-45 seconds. Chocolate Strawberry Mug cake is ready to be served. Serve warm dusted with sugar or whipped cream.
Eggless Chocolate Strawberry Mug Cake Recipe in Microwave
- Whole wheat flour - 1 tbsp heaped
- Baking powder – 1/4 tsp
- Cocoa powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1 small pinch
- Sugar – 2 tsp
- Hot water – 1 to 1-1/2 tbsp approx.,
- White vinegar – 1/4 tsp
- Vegetable oil – 2 tsp
- Strawberry jam – 1 tbsp
- Vanilla Extract – 1/4 tsp
- In a microwave safe mug, mix together the dry ingredients like whole wheat flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and mix well using a fork without any lumps.
- Add white vinegar, vegetable oil, strawberry jam, vanilla extract, 1 tbsp hot water and mix well using the fork till you do not see any dry ingredients.
- If the batter is very thick and difficult to mix, then add 1-2 tsp hot water and mix well.
- Place the mug in the microwave and cook at high for 30 seconds first.
- If the surface of the cake still appears wet, microwave again for another 10-15 seconds.
- Serve immediately dusted with icing sugar or whipped cream or with a scoop of ice cream.