Cauliflower Fried Rice Recipe with step by step photos. This is also called as Faux or Mock fried cauliflower rice because, in this “riced” cauliflower replaces regular rice making it low carb yet healthy making it suitable for people who are into clean eating.
I love cauliflower, period and what better way to enjoy it in the form of this cauliflower fried rice. Recently I was invited to a “Blog Jam” meet hosted by “Preethi Home Appliances” where in the journey of the brand from their initial stages to the currently developed kitchen gadget was well presented.
I was also a given a product of theirs, TurboChop that also acts as a mini mixie because it does all the work that a regular mixie does. I have been using a food chopper for the past 3 years and can’t recommend it enough because it makes all the work so easy.
I always use it for “ricing” veggies to use in salads and always use it for ricing cauliflower especially to make this “Gobi Matar Keema”. Not only that you can make pesto, peanut butter, dressings for salads and dipping sauces.
I have made this cauliflower fried rice several times in the past 2 months, either for lunch or for dinner, ever since I have gone gluten free and avoid eating white rice. It is so simple to make and one of the easiest way to eat lots of veggies in just one dish.
Our Favorite Video:
– You can add in either scrambled eggs, paneer or tofu if you want to increase your protein content.
– I also add in some cooked quinoa to increase the volume and fibre content.
– Consume this cauliflower fried rice on the same day of making it. Personally I find it unpalatable on the next day even when kept refrigerated.
Cauliflower Fried Rice Recipe with stepwise photos:
1. Wash, pat dry and rice the cauliflower either in a food processor or grating it manually. Set aside.
2. Heat a pan with oil. Add minced garlic and when the aroma arises, add finely chopped onions and saute till pink.
3. Add carrots, capsicum, red bell pepper, peas and saute over high flame for 1 min till they soften & wilt.
4. Add “riced or grated” cauliflower and mix well.
5. Add green chili sauce, soy sauce, black pepper and salt. Mix well. Close the pan with a lid and let it cook for 2 to 3 min in its own steam.
6. Open the lid, take a taste test and season accordingly. Add in green onions, mix well, cook for 1 more minute and take off fire. Serve this cauliflower fried rice hot with hot tomato sauce or any dry manchurian as side dish.
Cauliflower Fried Rice Recipe details below:
Cauliflower Fried Rice - Faux or Mock Fried Rice
- Cauliflower - 1 medium head
- Onion - 1 small
- Garlic - 5 pods minced
- Carrots - 1/8 cup finely chopped
- Capsicum - 1/8 cup finely chopped
- Red Bell Pepper - 1/8 cup finely chopped
- Cabbage or Purple cabbage - 1/8 cup finely chopped
- Peas - 1/8 cup frozen
- Green chili - 2 slit
- Green chili sauce - 1/2 tsp
- Green onions -for garnish
- Soy sauce or Tamari - 1/4 tsp
- Black pepper - to taste
- Salt - to taste
- Sesame oil - 1/2 tbsp
- Boil 3 to 4 cups of water in a bowl. Cut the stalks and immerse the whole cauliflower head in hot water for 5 mins to remove any impurities.
- Remove the cauliflower and pat dry with a clean kitchen towel or paper.
- Separate the florets and place them in a food processor and pulse till it resembles rice. If you do not have a food processor, you can also also use a big holed box grater to rice the cauliflower. Set aside.
How to make Cauliflower Fried Rice:
- Heat a pan with oil. Add minced garlic and when the aroma arises, add finely chopped onions and saute till pink.
- Add carrots, capsicum, red bell pepper, peas and saute over high flame for 1 min till they soften & wilt.
- Add “riced or grated” cauliflower and mix well.
- Add green chili sauce, soy sauce or tamari, black pepper and salt. Mix well.
- Close the pan with a lid and let it cook for 2 to 3 min in its own steam.
- Open the lid, take a taste test and season accordingly.
- Add in green onions, mix well, cook for 1 more minute and take off fire.
- Serve this cauliflower fried rice hot with hot tomato sauce or any dry manchurian as side dish.