Eggless plums mug cake and brownie in microwave. This 1 min Eggless Plum Mug Cake and 2 mins Plum Mug Brownie is made in Microwave for a quick snack.
Mug cakes and brownies are so easy and versatile to make especially when you have a microwave. They get ready in a jiffy and can satisfy your dessert craving any time as it takes just a minute or 2 to make without any elaborate mixing and prep work.
I made both a mug cake that’s so soft, moist and airy and chewy brownie with slight modifications to the base recipe that I use to make mug cakes.
When I made the Spiced Plum Relish, little did I know that I will be using that to make a mug cake and brownie and when the thought started shaping, I thought why not, the relish was out of the world, so a mug cake could hardly fail, right and the cook time is much lesser than that of the prep time itself.
I first made the mug cake but I was really craving for some chewy delectable brownie, so tweaked the base recipe and made the brownie as well. If you do not have the plum relish at hand to make these mug cakes, do not let it stop you, just check the notes and go ahead and make it as its really yummmmmm……
This is off to the contest going on exclusively for the participants of IFBM featuring “Plums” hosted by KitchenAid.
Eggless plums mug cake and brownie in microwave below:
- All purpose flour – 4 tbsp
- Baking powder – 1/2 tsp
- Baking Soda – 2 pinch
- Salt – 1 pinch
- Castor Sugar / powdered sugar – 4 tbsp
- Spiced Plum Relish – 2 tbsp
- Milk – 4 tbsp
- Oil – 1+1/2 tbsp
- White Vinegar – 2 tsp
- In a mug, add the liquid ingredients like spiced plum relish, milk, oil, vinegar and whisk well with a fork. As the relish is thick and pulpy, you need the whisk to distribute it evenly.
- In a small bowl, mix together the dry ingredients like flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and castor sugar.
- Add the dry ingredients mix to the mug and mix well with spoon till you do not see any dry ingredients.
- Place the mug in a microwave and cook at high for 1 minute. I distributed the batter into 3 small tea cups and microwave-d all at the same time for 1 minute and they turned out well.
- Take the mug out and let it cool completely and enjoy.
- For the Brownie : Instead of castor sugar, use granulated sugar and do not add white vinegar in the liquid ingredients.
- Microwave the brownie for 2 mins and give it a standing time of 1 more minute in the microwave, before taking out.
- Let it cool completely. Enjoy as such or serve with a scoop of ice cream.
As the plum relish itself had spices in them, I did not add any flavoring agent separately but if you are going to use jam, use 1/2 tsp vanilla extract.