Its like having a salad in a sandwich that’s oozing with cheese and what more, you have just seen a kid pleaser and a perfect way to make the kids eat their daily dose of fruit.
I have grilled this sandwich on a tawa or griddle but you can also do this in a sandwich maker.
I had made this a long time back when I made this Guacamole but totally forgot all about it. I love Avocados, Period. Though my children can’t understand my love for it, they eat it without complaining anyways.
I can totally understand their argument which goes like, “What’s there to go gaga over it? Its got no particular taste, Its neither sweet, nor sour or even tart”. While I agree with them, that’s the exact reason why I love it so much.
It means you can make any recipe either sweet or savory with it and be sure that it will turn out fab.
Don’t believe me???, then you’ve got to check out this kid pleasing and their favorite Avocado Chocolate Grilled Sandwich and this Eggless Avocado Chocolate Mousse or this Popsicles and you will find out how flexible this wonder fruit Avocado is. So go make it and I’m sure you will love it.
Guacamole Grilled Cheese Sandwich Recipe details below:
- Bread Slices - 4
- Cheese Sheets - 2
- Tomato Slices - 4
- Avocado, large – 1
- Onion, medium – 1
- Green chilies – 2
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- Garlic – 1 clove
- Coriander leaves – few sprigs
- Salt – to taste
- Butter -1 tbsp
- Cut Avocado into 2. Remove the seed, scoop the flesh into a bowl and mash it with a fork.
- Add finely chopped onion, garlic, coriander leaves, deseeded and minced green chilies, lemon juice, salt and mix well.
- Apply butter to one side of all the bread slices.
- Apply the prepared guacamole on the unbuttered side of a bread slice evenly.
- Place 2 tomato slices side by side on top of the guacamole and top it by placing a cheese sheet.
- Now place another bread slice with the unbuttered side facing down to finish the sandwich.
- Grill the sandwich in a sandwich maker.
- I grilled it by placing it on a tawa or griddle and placed my wooden chapathi rolling board on the sandwich for giving weight and pressure and the cheese melted an oozed perfectly.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup.