Avocado chocolate grilled sandwich will be the ultimate fantasy coming true for the kids when you serve them these. Not only that they will also have tons of fun assembling the sandwich all by themselves and all you have to do is grill it for them. This is also totally cheese free.
As I’m totally taken in by the Avocado also known as Butter Fruit, I’ve been trying out various recipes with it and one such thing is this Avocado Butter Chocolate Sandwich and oh boy the kids had lot of fun both making it and eating it.
This is a totally a vegan sandwich and does not pile up on unwanted fat at all. No cheese, No butter but this sandwich only has the goodness of fruits and sinful chocolate.
You can either serve this for your kids morning breakfast or as a quick fix snack in the evening when they come from school. Either way they will love it. Feel free to use any type of bread as long as its fresh.
Make sure that both the fruits are ripe and not over ripe and mushy as it will spoil the taste of these sandwiches by making it very soggy. The chocolate chips will provide ample sweetness to the sandwich but if you find it lacking just drizzle some honey or maple syrup or chocolate sauce over them.
If you loved this recipe, tap --> Rate or in the recipe card below to give us a 5 star rating!
If you have tried this recipe & have any more queries, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Avocado Chocolate Grilled Sandwich recipe details below:
Avocado Chocolate Grilled Sandwich Recipe
- Bread slices – 4
- Avocado – 1
- Banana – 1
- Chocolate Chips – ⅓ cup
- Butter / oil – 1 tbsp
- Cut the Avocado into 2, remove the seed and scoop out the pulp of the fruit and place it in a bowl. Mash well with a fork. You can also make it a pulp in a mixer grinder.
- Slice the bananas into thin roundels and keep aside.
- Apply the mashed avocado on one side of all the bread slices. Arrange the banana slices on top of the avocado mash.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on the banana slices and close with the other bread slice with the avocado butter facing down and press slightly together but firm.
- Place the sandwich on a hot pan and drizzle either butter or oil around the sandwich and cook till golden brown and crisp. Place an object that’s heavy on top of the sandwich so that that they could stick together. I placed my rolling board on it.
- Very gently flip to the other side and let it cook for a few seconds till it becomes golden brown and crisp too. You can also grill the sandwich in a sandwich maker.
- Using a pizza cutter or a sharp knife cut the sandwich into 2 either diagonally or vertically.
- Serve these avocado chocolate grilled sandwich piping hot immediately.
WANT MORE RECIPES?
Browse plenty more quick & flavorful recipes easily by course, method, occasion & diet.