Hershey’s Ultimate Chocolate Brownies were a super duper hit with my kids. These are the most decadent chocolate frosted brownies that you will bake and a real treat for a chocolate lover.
It is sinful, rich and delicious. If you are a chocolate lover, this will call your name and fill your dreams.
These Brownies turned out to be the best decadent brownies I have baked so far. They are dark, rich, decadent, sinful and so chocolatey and all of us at home just could not hold ourselves from reaching for it.
Making frosted brownies had always been on my wish list and not for anything are they called as Hershey’s best brownies, they were not only easy to make but also came out perfect.
The frosting on top along with the thick gooey brownie is any chocolate lover’s dream come true. They were simply ultimate in their taste and texture.
Points to note before baking Hershey’s Ultimate Chocolate Brownies:
1. I used up all the frosting. The original recipe called for 2 tbsp milk and I added it as mentioned and found it a bit runny, so if you are going to serve immediately use just 1 tbsp. But, though runny the frosting did firm up after refrigeration.
2. Do not over beat the batter and also do not over bake than the time mentioned else the top will harden.
3. If you want, you can also add 1/2 cup of walnuts or any nuts of your choice to the batter before baking.
The Groovy Gourmets are baking Brownies this month and I chose this recipe from the Hershey’s site.
Hershey’s Ultimate Chocolate Brownies recipe details below:
Hershey's Ultimate Chocolate Brownies
- All purpose flour – 1/2 cup
- Cocoa powder – 1/3 cup
- Baking powder – 1/4 tsp
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Butter – 1/2 cup
- Eggs – 2
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
For the frosting:
- Butter - 3 tbsp at room temperature
- Cocoa powder – 3 tbsp
- Honey – 1 tbsp
- Powdered sugar – 1 cup
- Milk – 1 tbsp
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- In a bowl, mix together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- In another mixing bowl stir together butter, sugar and vanilla essence.
- Add eggs and beat with a balloon whisk till combined.
- Add flour mixture in batches to this while mixing with a spoon until completely mixed.
- Line a 8 x 8 inch pan with parchment paper making sure that the paper is over hanging above the pan.
- This is to easily pull out the brownies after they are baked.
- Grease the bottom and transfer the batter to the pan.
- Smoothen the top and tap the pan on the counter to even out the surface.
- Preheat oven at 180 C (350 F).
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes.
- You can see the sides pulling away from the sides of the pan.
- Take out the pan and holding the paper, lift the baked brownies out and let it cool.
- Hershey’s ultimate chocolate brownies are ready.
- For the Frosting: In a mixing bowl beat together butter, cocoa powder, honey and vanilla.
- Add powdered sugar and milk and beat well to a smooth spreading consistency.
- Slather this frosting on the brownies and level smoothly.
- Cut into squares and serve. Keep it refrigerated.